Our Office During COVID-19
Kevin G. Murphy and Associates has resumed seeing patients. Our office will not be scheduling hygiene appointments until later in June. Please reach out to our office via email, text message, or the webpage should you wish to make an appointment. Please call us if you have a dental emergency.
On top of everyone’s mind is what is happening regarding COVID-19. As a healthcare provider and employer, we take our responsibility of our patients, colleagues, and community seriously. We are actively gathering and implementing the latest and most accurate information to be sure that we are acting in accordance with all regulatory organizations.
It is important to note that our facility has always maintained high levels of sterility. These measures have always been employed, often being more than what is required by regulations. At this time we are following even further precautions to ensure the safety of our team, patients, and community.
- 2 High Volume High Speed Evacuation suction units at each chair to ensure capture of aeorsol particles
- Stand alone HEPA filters in each operatory with rated capacity that exceeds the volume of each space
- 3 separate HVAC units with outside air sources, minimizing air recirculation in the office. Each unit has an RGF Halo UV light system that conditions the air with oxidizers which considerably reduces the survival of airborne viruses and bacteria
Our commonsense viewpoint on the reality of our situation as a community:
• A healthcare facility that is maintained as ours, is in fact, a safe place. It is constantly being cleaned, barriers placed, and then disinfected immediately after patient dismissal.
• We have expanded our protocols into every area of the office and every aspect of treatment to help mitigate disease transmission.
• We will manage our schedule to reduce the number of people in the office at one time, increasing the ability to establish safe social distancing, decreasing exposure of one another to “crowds”.
• To check in for your appointment we ask you to remain in your car. When you arrive to our parking lot five minutes before your appointment, call us with your cell phone. We will call you when your treatment room is ready and tell you to come into the office.
• We will ask you to use hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of your appointment.
• We will be updating your medical history, reviewing your possible COVID-19 risk factors and taking your temperature.
What we are asking of our patients and team members that require care during this time
We will ask you to not come to the office and reschedule your appointment if:
o You have a fever, cough or flu-like symptoms.
o You have been in contact with anyone that has been ill within the last 14 days.
o You have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
o If you have traveled to any high-risk area within the last 14 days.
Let us know if you have any concerns regarding your treatment.
We take the health and safety of our team, patients, and all their loved ones very seriously. We are committed to the betterment of our community at large. As the situation unfolds, we may change our protocols or schedule as needed. Be assured we will actively contact any patients who will be affected during this temporary closure.